Easterseals Outreach Program will host this intensive 13-hour interactive workshop. The dynamic and enthusiastic Jo-Anne Matteo from PECS will present the workshop, which is designed to teach educational and caregiver teams the theory and protocol for the Picture Exchange Communication System® (PECS®). PECS is an evidence-based practice based on Applied Behavior Analysis, typical language development, and B.F. Skinner’s Verbal Behavior.
What you will learn:
- The key Pyramid components to designing effective educational environments
- Strategies to create an abundance of opportunities for communication
- The relationship between PECS and traditional communication training approaches
- How to implement all six phases of PECS with target individuals using a behavior analytic orientation
- The criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities
If you need access to Closed Captioning or any other accommodations, please make that request by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.