Easterseals Outreach Program will host this intensive 13-hour interactive workshop. The dynamic and enthusiastic Jo-Anne Matteo from PECS will present the workshop, which is designed to teach educational and caregiver teams the theory and protocol for the Picture Exchange Communication System® (PECS®). PECS is an evidence-based practice based on Applied Behavior Analysis, typical language development, and B.F. Skinner’s Verbal Behavior.
What you will learn:
- The key Pyramid components to designing effective educational environments
- Strategies to create an abundance of opportunities for communication
- The relationship between PECS and traditional communication training approaches
- How to implement all six phases of PECS with target individuals using a behavior analytic orientation
- The criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities
For more detailed training information, please visit the PECS website
Please note: The training is from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. Full attendance is required to receive a certificate. In-person registration will begin at 7:30 a.m.
Virtual Tickets: If you register for a virtual ticket less than 2 weeks prior to the event, it may not be possible to get your PECS manual and handouts mailed to you before the training.